‘Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno’ on Philippine theatres August 20

The international blockbuster ‘Rurouni Kenshin’, had been a success two years ago. Now that a sequel is here, fans have mixed feelings of dread and anticipation, for fear that the follow-up movie will not be as good as the first one.

However, judging from the reported $8M it gathered on its first weekend out in Japan theatres, it seems that the film will become a box-office hit like its prequel.

In an interview with ABS-CBN News’ Ginger Conejero, director Keishi Ohtomo shared that doing a follow-up for the film is very challenging, since they have to make it somewhat different from the original.

Through a translator, Ohtomo said, “Of course for the first film, it’s the first time they’ve seen those things. So maybe that alone was already a surprise for them – the action scenes and all those things. For the second movie, I made sure that we can’t do the same thing as the first one. So whether it’s the drama part or the action, or how it was filmed, we all have to level up the entire production. But it was a fun challenge for me to tackle.”

The 2-part ‘Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno’ starring Takeru Satoh, who plays the role of Kenshin Himura, is directed by Keishi Ohtomo. The movie sums up the main events leading to the grand face-off of fictional assassins Kenshin “Hitokiri Battousai” Himura and Shishio Makoto. It will also introduce new characters who will help Kenshin in defeating Shishio and his own demons as well.

‘Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno’ opens in cinemas tomorrow, August 20. It is said that the second part of the movie, “The Legend Ends” is scheduled to come out on September 24.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.