Armed Forces of the Philippines Western Mindanao Command was given order to go to an all out offensive against Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters starting today, AFP chief General Gregorio Pio Catapang’s order came exactly one month after the January 25 Mamasapano SAF operation which cost the lives of 44 SAF troopers.
“I am saddened by the news that at least 20,000 people had been displaced by the violent attacks perpetrated by the BIFF in the hinterland villages. We will do our best to protect the people and allow them to go back to their homes,” General Catapang said.
All out law enforcement operation will be conducted along with Philippine National Police. “We must remain united in our common fight against lawlessness and terrorism. Let us show the enemies of the state that we are a formidable force that will continuously pursue them anywhere they go,” the military chief said.