President Aquino already took full responsibility – Palace

“In his nation address last February 6, the President as father of the nation and Commander-in-Chief already said he carries the responsibility for what happened during the mission that kille SAF44,” Presidential Communications Operations Office Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr. said commenting on the call of some sectors for President Aquino to accept the responsibility.

“As President and Commander-in-Chief, I am fully responsible for any result—any triumph, any suffering, and any tragedy — that may result from our desire for lasting peace and security,” Aquino said in his speech.

Coloma added that the Board of Inquiry, House of Representatives and Senate probe are all important part of knowing the truth. “Mahalaga sa pagtamo ng katarungan para sa kanila ang pagbatid sa buong katotohanan,” Coloma added.

On Sunday, CBCP President and Lingayen Archbishop Socrates Villegas said President Aquino with his advisers should provide “a full and satisfactory accounting of their actions in respect to this tragic loss.”

“I do not want to offend the President but somebody has to tell him that he has to stop this blame game by taking full responsibility for what happened in Mamasapano,” Davao City Mayor Duterte said last week.